Vietnam has re-opened its border to foreigners and overseas Vietnamese who hold valid permanent residence cards, temporary residence cards, visas, and visa exemption certificates in compliance with the Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, and residence in Vietnam.
The following categories of people qualify for visa waiver policy:
- Passengers who are allowed entry into Vietnam have a stay duration of 15 days from the entry date (including the entry date and the next 14 days of stay) and are nationals of following countries:
• Republic of Belarus
• Federal Republic of Germany
• Italian Republic
• French Republic
• Kingdom of Denmark
• Republic of Korea
• Russian Federation
• United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
• Kingdom of Norway
• Kingdom of Spain
The visa waiver policy applies for this category of passengers from March 15, 2022 to March 14, 2025.
- Foreign passengers who are exempt from visas in accordance with international treaties which Vietnam signed or on the basis of visa reciprocity.
Passengers are not required to take Covid-19 test before entering Vietnam as of May 15, 2022.
Within 10 days upon entry, passengers need to adhere to the following recommendations:
• Self-monitor their health;
• If passengers exhibit symptoms of Covid-19, please immediately notify the nearest hospitals or clinics for further instructions;
• Take preventive action such as wearing a mask, or cleaning their hands with disinfectant solutions.
Passengers entering Vietnam are not required to make a medical declaration as of April 27, 2022. However, passengers are required to wear masks during the flights by Vietnamese competent authority.
Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam.
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
E-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
List of Countries that allowed E-visa issuing.
List of Ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by E-visa.
Conditions for being granted e-visa:
- Outside Vietnam foreigners;
- Holding valid passport;
- Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
In case, you are not eligible for being granted an e-visa, Hanoi University of Pharmacy will invite, and guarante you to enter Vietnam. Please prepare the information below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
· Scanned valid Passport
· E-ticket (or details flight itinerary)
· Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam
· Type of visa: visa-on-arrival (at Vietnam International Airports) or apply in person at Vietnam Embassy in your country)
GUIDELINES TO APPLY FOR E-visa
Step 1: Fulfill required information (After this step, registration code will be sent to the applicant)
· Upload your Portrait photography
· Upload your Passport data page image
· Fullfill Personal Information (Full name, Sex, Date of birth, Current nationality, Religion, Email, Passport number, Type, Expiry date, Intended date of entry, Intended length of stay in Vietnam, Purpose of entry, Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam, …)
· Please choose “business activities” for Purpose of entry
· For “Inviting/ guarentering agency/ organization”, please use information as below:
Name of hosting organisation: Hanoi University of Pharmacy
Address: 13-15 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Step 2: Pay E-visa fee (25 USD). Your application will be processed in 3 working days;
Step 3: Enter registration code, registration email and date of birth to check result in E-visa search menu. If being approved for E-visa, please print E-visa to enter/exit Vietnam
Note: If there is any missing or incorrect/unidentified information, your application will not be accepted.